Grilled Pork Chop Calzones
Using Royalty Meat Company’s Boneless Center-Cut Pork Loin Chops & Texas Hill Country Miller’s Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 12 thinly sliced pepperoni
- 4 thin slices smoked ham
- 4 thin slices smoked turkey
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning Granulated Garlic
- Black pepper
- Texas Hill Country Miller’s Blend EVOO
- Cut a deep pocket in the side of each pork chop. Cover the inside and outside with olive oil.
- Layer a slice of provolone, a slice of smoked ham, a slice of smoked turkey and 3 pepperonis and fold in half. Stuff into the pocket, Place one basil leaf on each side of the layered meats and cheese inside the pork chop, and pin the pocket shut with 2 oiled toothpicks.
- Add a fresh sage leaf to the outside of both sides, using a dot of olive oil to stick.
- Season all sides with Creole Seasoning, granulated garlic and pepper.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Brush and oil the grill grate. Arrange the pork chops on the hot grate and grill until cooked through (160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer), 4 to 7 minutes per side, rotating the chops 90 degrees after 2 minutes to create an attractive crosshatch of grill marks.
- Transfer the chops to plates or a platter and let rest for 3 minutes, then remove the toothpicks and serve at once.