Using Royalty Meat Company’s Chicken Breasts & 1836 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts (2 pack of Royalty Meat Company’s chicken breasts)
- 1 lb asparagus
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp Butter divided
- 2 Tbsp of Royalty Meat Company’s 1836 Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 16 oz white or baby bella mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 small or 1/2 medium yellow or white onion, finely diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 cups Madeira Wine sweet white wine
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded (more to taste)
- For asparagus: Set oven to 425 degrees. Wash and dry asparagus. Remove fibrous stems from asparagus by snapping or cutting the ends off. On a sheet pan, lay out asparagus evenly and lightly coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and coarse black pepper to taste. Cook for 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Place a large heavy (oven-safe) pan over medium/high heat and melt in 2 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. Add sliced mushrooms and cook 5 min until soft. Stir in diced onion and cook 3 min. Add minced garlic cloves then season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste). Cook another 2 min then remove mixture to a plate and wipe skillet clean with wet paper towel.
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise and pound each cutlet between plastic wrap until no more than 1/4″ thick. Season chicken all over with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Place same pan over medium/high heat and add 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil. When butter is finished foaming, add chicken breasts and sauté 3 to 4 min per side or until golden and cooked through. Remove chicken from pan to the same plate with mushrooms
- In the same pan, add 1 1/2 cups Madeira wine and boil until reduced by half (at least 5 minutes vigorous boiling), scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Add 1 1/2 cups beef broth and boil until 2/3 cup liquid remains or about 1/4 of it’s original volume (10 min). Reduce heat to medium, add 1/2 cup cream and simmer until sauce thickens (2 min). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to the pan, turning it to coat in the sauce. Top with mushrooms and sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the top. Broil 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and plate. Add asparagus (and any other sides-we like to add mashed potatoes) and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Natashaskitchen.com